Thursday, January 29, 2009

Flashback Thursday

Ok from here on out I am going to be doing a segment called Flashback Thursdays and once a week it will feature a classic game that us old timers will remember fondly. This week Super Mario Brothers 3.
Super Mario Bros. 3 according to most gamers is probably the best in the series hands down... and I am one of those gamers. I can remember very well the movie "The Wizard" which featured this game at a tournament seeing who could get the farthest fastest, it also featured the power glove, which is Nintendo's biggest flop ever but I digress.
"I make this sh@# look good"
I remember very fondly working my way through SMB3 trying desperately to reach the secret whistles to get past the annoying levels in the game, anyone remember the Desert level.... why are the Desert/Fire levels the most annoying in every game??

Actually beating this game was a feat I remember the last level getting past the airships took many retries before we were able to take down Koopa. All in all it was a fun game and one to remember fondly on the NES and if you are lucky enough to have a Wii I believe you can download and play it again.



3 comments:

  1. I believe the virtual boy holds the dubious honor of being Nintendo's biggest flop. I actually know people who used the power glove.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot all about the Virtual Boy lol, I just remembered we had a power glove and it did not work like it did in the commercials.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SMB3 was great. Never forget when I first played it at a friend's house and I knocked that enemy out of the green sock and thought, "How cool would it be if I could jump in there and bounce around?" and then I was able to do it! Love those kind of moments. I just replayed this 2 years ago. Still great.

    ReplyDelete