Thursday, February 12, 2009

Flash Back Thursday


Ok so this week I am bringing you one of my favorite cinematic platformers of all time Heart of Darkness for the Playstation.

The story is basically about the main character Andy traveling to an alternate dimension to save his dog Whiskey from the Shadow Master who sent his minions to capture Andy however they goofed and brought him the dog instead. If you have played Prince of Persia, Flashback, or Out of this World you will be familiar with this game, you move from screen to screen fighting enemies and solving puzzles make any mistakes and you are treated to sometimes gruesome death animations of Andy.

I remember the first time my Brother brought this game home watching him die time after time (Did I mention he sucks at video games?) before he gave up and finally let me play. I spent countless hours figuring out the puzzles hands sweaty from mashing buttons to avoid incoming attacks that would spell doom for poor Andy. One level in particular was extremely hard and that was the Underwater one, if any of you remember the underwater level on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game on the NES you will feel right at home here, its tough and very unforgiving if you make a mistake with your timing, thankfully unlike Ninja Turtles you are treated to many Checkpoints during the game allowing you some breathing room if you happen to make a mistake.

If you can manage to find the game anywhere it is well worth the pickup and I highly recommend it if you were a fan of the orignal Prince of Persia.







No comments:

Post a Comment