Thursday, February 19, 2009

Flashback Thursday

This week on Flashback Thursday we go back to one of the Classic Coop games for the SNES, Secret of Mana.

Secret of Mana places you in the role of the Mana Knight who draws the Rusty Mana sword from a rock much like the Sword in the Stone thus beginning your quest to restore order to the world and stop a chain of events that destroyed the world before.

This game is still today one of my faves from the SNES era and the gameplay still stands the test of time today. I remember renting this with a friend and rushing to unlock the Princess character so we could play coop, and let me tell you now that is the way to play Secret of Mana, having a friend switching between both the princess/pixie allows them to cast support/offensive magic while the play controlling the Mana Knight dishes out punishment to the boss. The best time I had with this game was the time I rented it as I said before and my friend and I did a run through the entire game in less than a day, talk about amazing fun.

Secret of Mana while supporting coop play also had a killer soundtrack, one theme comes to mind really quickly and that is the Battle with the Lich King music, no other boss battle has gotten me that pumped with the exception of One Winged Angel from Final Fantasy VII.

Overall Secret of Mana was an awesome game and hopefully it will find its way to the Wii VC so new generations can experience one of the greatest games of all time in this bloggers opinion.

Played Secret of Mana? Got impressions you want to share? Then leave some comments on what you think about it.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this game, and Chrono Trigger, and Breath of Fire and Breath of Fire 2. The SNES had a lot of great RPGs released in its last years.

    ReplyDelete